Be safe out there. If you’re planning on drinking, also have a plan for a safe and sober ride home!
This New Year’s Eve, RTC is offering FREE rides from 6pm-2am! Check the complete schedule at the link below:
NYE 15 RTC Safe Ride poster
Have a Safe and Happy New Year! ~Northern Nevada DUI Task Force
The Northern Nevada DUI Task Force had the opportunity to attend a teen program called DRIVE, hosted by the Nevada Highway Patrol and the Nevada Department of Public Safety. Deputy Teresa Aquila posted a fabulous article on her site, Teresa’s Garage, explaining the program. Teens and parents alike should take a look! “Why Zero Teen Fatalities?”
Did you know that St. Patrick’s Day is one of the 5 heaviest drinking days of the year? This year have a plan and play it safe!
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over St. Patrick’s Day weekends from 2009 to 2013, there were a total of 276 lives lost in drunk-driving crashes. Every DUI crash is preventable!
Here are some tips to enjoy a safe and fun holiday:
- Before celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year, decide whether you’ll drink or you’ll drive. You can’t do both.
- If you’re planning on drinking, now is the time to arrange your ride home. When you head out, leave your keys at home or give them to your sober driver.
- If you’re planning on driving that night, commit to staying sober.
- Look up a local taxi company, and save their number in your phone. It’s always a good idea to have a backup plan.
- A sober driver will be your luckiest charm this St. Patrick’s Day.
- On March 17, ride FREE after 4pm and enjoy a safe celebration on RTC RIDE, RTC RAPID and Sierra Spirit! http://www.rtcwashoe.com/hottopics/documents/StPatricksDay/St_P_poster15.pdf
An Irish Friendship Wish to you… May the hand of a friend always be near you, and may your friend be sober. Don’t drink or drug and drive!
This Super Bowl Sunday, be a team player: Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk!