About the Northern Nevada DUI Task Force
- Unites the efforts of its members by providing public information, educational materials and incentive items to the general public. The Task Force strives to enhance knowledge and increase the awareness of the general public in an effort to decrease the incidence of impaired driving.
- Is responsible for conducting the Victim Impact Panel (VIP). Money collected at the Northern Nevada DUI Task Force Victim Impact Panels stays in our community, supporting the following efforts:
- Provides operational equipment and training for law enforcement impaired driving counter-measures.
- DUI Checkpoints and Saturation Patrols to reduce impaired driving.
- RTC Safe and Sober Rides on heavy drinking nights such as New Year’s Eve and St. Patrick’s Day.
- Youth prevention programs including Safe and Sober Foundation support, Every 15 Minutes program and presentations to the Boys and Girls Club of the Truckee Meadows.
- Victim services including counseling, emergency financial assistance and emotional support.
- Members play an active role in the legislative process, supporting alcohol evaluations for all offenders, treatment programs, as well as 305 programs and other diversion programs that include treatment.
- Membership includes Victims of DUI, Counselors, Law Enforcement, Juvenile Probation, Prosecutors’ Offices, Victim Advocates, Office of Traffic Safety and the University of Nevada, Reno.
Chairman / Secretary: Deborah Wilson
Vice-Chairperson: Kate Carter Treasurer: Kathleen Weber
Northern Nevada DUI Task Force
PO Box 20497
Reno, NV 89515-0497
Tel: (775) 348-4664