The Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County is committed to the public’s safety in all that it does. The RTC and the Northern Nevada DUI Task Force is encouraging everyone to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day responsibly and never drive impaired. For the 13th year, the RTC is offering free transit services to provide safe transportation for people celebrating the holiday.
Be safe out there. If you’re planning on drinking, also have a plan for a safe and sober ride home!
This New Year’s Eve, RTC is offering FREE rides from 6pm-2am! Check the complete schedule at the link below:
Have a Safe and Happy New Year! ~Northern Nevada DUI Task Force
Did you know that St. Patrick’s Day is one of the 5 heaviest drinking days of the year? This year have a plan and play it safe!
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over St. Patrick’s Day weekends from 2009 to 2013, there were a total of 276 lives lost in drunk-driving crashes. Every DUI crash is preventable!
Here are some tips to enjoy a safe and fun holiday:
- Before celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year, decide whether you’ll drink or you’ll drive. You can’t do both.
- If you’re planning on drinking, now is the time to arrange your ride home. When you head out, leave your keys at home or give them to your sober driver.
- If you’re planning on driving that night, commit to staying sober.
- Look up a local taxi company, and save their number in your phone. It’s always a good idea to have a backup plan.
- A sober driver will be your luckiest charm this St. Patrick’s Day.
- On March 17, ride FREE after 4pm and enjoy a safe celebration on RTC RIDE, RTC RAPID and Sierra Spirit! http://www.rtcwashoe.com/hottopics/documents/StPatricksDay/St_P_poster15.pdf
An Irish Friendship Wish to you… May the hand of a friend always be near you, and may your friend be sober. Don’t drink or drug and drive!
Here’s an important message from the Northern Nevada DUI Task Force Chairman, Jim Holmes and the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County. Have a plan this New Year’s Eve! Take the RTC Safe Ride, make arrangements for a designated driver, or call a safe ride home. Keep our community safe this holiday season… and always!